Wednesday, March 15, 2017

Manuel, Dylan and Teaching the Doctrine of Christ

Hey! 

This week was pretty crazy. We were working pretty hard in Machali and FINALLY have something to show for it. We have two people that are thinking about getting baptized. One is named Manuel. He`s 86 years old. The other is named Dylan. He`s 9, but we are reactivating his family, so its cool that we are going to be able to teach all of them the lessons. This week I also got to go on exchanges in Manzanal in Rancagua. I went with an Elder named Elder Manzano. He`s from Mexico. We had a great time. We got to teach someone about the doctrine of Christ. That`s one of my favorite things to teach. It has to do with how we need faith, repentance, baptism, the gift of the Holy Ghost, and to endure to the end, and if we do that, we can live with God again. I love this message because it gives so many people hope when it seems like there isn`t any and it really lets them feel God`s love. Thanks to a ton of trainings from President Harris and a ton of studying, I have grown an understanding and love for the gospel of Jesus Christ. I have learned to appreciate the Atonement a lot more in my life and use it for changing my heart and becoming a better person every day. We had Stake Conference the other day. Someone talked about Spiritual Self-Sufficience. It was such a good talk. It talked about how if we do the small, easy things, we can be self sufficient, but often times the small, easy things are too easy so we don`t do them. And then we go inactive. I learned that we just need to keep reading the scriptures and praying everyday and going to church and everything will be ok. I love you guys and hope you have a great week.

Love,

Elder Sayler

No comments:

Post a Comment