Thursday, August 11, 2016

1/2 Way Home (1/2 way done), Bad Internet = No Pics :0(

Hey!

How`s life? Mine`s good. Actually, its better than good :) These weeks are flying by so fast, its incredible. I can`t believe it but I`m going to finish a year this week!!!!!!!!! Its crazy. I just realized that I am only going to have like two weeks at home before I go off to BYU. Or maybe I`ll have a bit more time, but still its a little rough. Everything is going well here. We are still tracting a ton. We had 5 appointments with future investigators that all fell this last week, but we still have like 20 future investigators to teach some day. We are working really hard. We taught this guy the other day that is very religious and we taught the Restoration with scriptures from the bible and everything. It was a really good lesson. The only problem is that he told us that after praying to receive an answer about the Book of Mormon he would have to go ask his Pastor what he thought about it. We might have to bible bash with him the next time hahaha that`s a joke I don`t bible bash. Actually, my scripture motto is 2 Nephi 7:8 as of right now. It helps remind me to testify because it is the most powerful tool we have. We are working so hard and starting to see more blessings and success. This week my district class is about finding new investigators to teach and we did a missionwide fast the other day so that everyone can find new people. Interesting story, the other day we went to a house to give a blessing of comfort and right before we did it the daughter came home with the family of a friend (luckily all were members so the blessing wasn`t wierd), but then it did get wierd. It turns out that this "friend" was just passing by with his whole family to ask the family that we were visiting if he could officially date their daughter. It was funny at first until every single person in the entire family had to speak about how they feel about the relationship and words of wisdom to help them have success. There were eleven people there, including us. We felt very out of place. But then they asked us to give our opinions and our advice to help the relationship and that was a little wierd. It was so funny. This was a really good week. I hope you had just as good a week if not better. I hope this week goes well. I love you!

Love,

Elder Sayler

2 Nephi 7:8 "And the Lord is near, and he justifieth me. Who will contend with me? Let us stand together. Who is mine adversary? Let him come near me, and I will smite him with the strength of my mouth."

No comments:

Post a Comment