Wednesday, March 9, 2016

New Area, New Boots, New Companion

Hola!

I woke up like this...









Old shoes...

Happy birthday, Mom! And yes I remembered by myself and it wasn´t the emails from my sisters or my father that reminded me. Changes are in - I´m leaving Cachapoal! I´m going to a place called Santa Cruz to a sector called Paniahue A I think is how its spelled. I´m a little sad to go and leave behind all of our investigators and people that I love, but I´m also ready for some new experiences. I´m going to start taking more money off my card because its getting colder here and I´m going to start winter shopping. The shoes that we bought finally blew out...like 4 months ago...but I´ve still been wearing them all the time. I was going to buy myself some boots today for the winter, but a member gave me a super awesome pair yesterday as a gift - brand new!
I was so greatful! They are super nice and will last me until the end of my life. I´m about 6´8¨ in these shoes, its crazy.
All the Chilenos look at me like, ¿where are you from freak of nature? I think its funny. I just try not to look down on them too much...jajaja that´s a joke because I´m tall and they´re not.  We finally baptized Fran on Saturday! 

New boots!











It was soooooooo great! We confirmed her on Sunday and she was crying. She is already searching for her geneology and is going to the temple on Saturday for some baptisms! We sang at her baptism and it was super great. People were crying. Her dad has been giving her a lot of anti-mormon stuff lately and says that he hates all Mormons (including us), so we visited him alone yesterday. We just kept inviting him to church and he was really nice to us. His wife (who is literally our mom away from home) (she calls us her babies and always gives us food) called us and told us that he was crying when he was talking to her after our talk with him. We have a dinner scheduled today with them and I think he´s going to get baptized this next change. I´ve learned a ton in my time here in Cachapoal. Elder Sepúlveda, although we had our differences, taught me so much about what it means to be a disciple and a missionary of Christ. My testimony has grown so much through his example and always pushing me to be better. I´m going to miss it here, but its also going to be a great time in Santa Cruz. I love you guys and happy 26th birthday, Mom. I hope its a good one. (I am 42)
My mission expires at the same time as these Nerds...
and I thought candy almost never expires!
Its called a Choripleto...





Its like a dream come true
Love,

Elder Sayler




New zone shirts - This one has a chupalla,
a traditional hat used by the chileno rednecks








These were a gift from Fran´s mom, Alicia.
She is like our mother here in Chile.
She calls us here babies and loves us so much.
She gave us these earrings as a gift for our mothers
because she wants to thank you for raising your children
 in such a way to allow them to come to Chile to help her family.
Also she wants that every time I see you wearing them I think of her down here.
A gift for Mom!


No comments:

Post a Comment