Tuesday, March 22, 2016

I Guess I Play the Piano.....

Hola!

Wow I think the weeks are getting longer! And colder. Or maybe that´s just Santa Cruz for you! We really didn´t do a ton this week. Elder Barboza is an interesting missionary. He´s going home in a few weeks. He just wants to work with less actives and inactives and doesn´t really care if we have investigators or baptism dates or investigators in the chapel on Sunday. He just wants the Branch President to like him and wants more people to come to church. We had 22 people there yesterday. Elder Barboza told the Branch President that I play piano so I had three days to practice the three hymns that I´ve never played before and then play them during sacrament meeting. Let´s just say that I felt the spirit very strongly in that meeting because of how hard I was repenting after the first two hymns I tried to play. We sang the third hymn without piano. I did give a talk though. I talked for 15 minutes about Faith and Works. I told them that some of my goals are more people in the church on Sundays and that I can´t just sit around and wait for it to happen, but the Lord will bless me that it will happen through my works, and that they should think about their faith and works as well. I thought it went really well. We had a few lessons with new investigators this week on divisions. I was with Elder Shumway in our sector of Paniahue. That was awesome because we both have had Elder Barboza as a companion and he helped me a lot. We worked really hard that day. Other than that, we didn´t really do a lot this week. Santa Cruz is pretty tranquil so its not going to be too crazy ever. Sorry that this week´s email is short, but when more happens I will write more. I can´t wait to see you guys. Just a little more time! And I´m super stoked for General Conference! Its going to be awesome! Oh well. Everything is going well here and I hope its all well up there as well. I love you all.

Love,

Elder Sayler

PS Mom will you put money on my card? I need to buy a pair of pants to wear when its cold...

No comments:

Post a Comment