Monday, March 14, 2016

A Branch in Paniahue

Hola!

They´re making bricks next to our house!
Wow I hate cambios (changes or transfers: where a missionary moves to a different area). Well, they´re not too bad. It just sucks to have to pack up and leave and then unpack and wait 6 more weeks to see if you have to do it again or no. My new companion is named Elder Barboza. He was born in Peru, but has lived in Spain for about 15 years. He´s pretty cool. The sector is called Paniahue. Its got a branch of about 15 people and its a quiet, tranquil place. We don´t have a lot to work with right now, but we are trying to work a ton to get better. I think Presidente is testing me. Its hard because our styles are so different that we don´t have a ton of unity yet. We also haven´t taught any lessons yet so we will see this week. Elder Sepúlveda is here, in the sector almost next to ours. He had to be special changed after 5 days in the new change in Cachapoal. I guess one of the ladies that we were working with was trying to get a little too friendly with him. I have to give a talk this week in church. Every third Sunday is to the missionaries because there are not enough people in the branch. Nothing really happened this week...we don´t have a ton of people that we are working with and we haven´t really taught anyone anyway. We are going to change a few things around here though. Wow. That´s literally about everything. We played soccer the other day for my first time in about 3 months. It was lots of fun. On Sunday we had a transmission from Salt Lake. It was Elder Nelson and a few other church leaders. It was about keeping the commandments. Elder Nelson speaks spanish pretty well. It was a good transmission. Well this week was pretty good, but I still hope the next week is even better. I love you all and will see you soon (relatively).


Love,
Elder Sayler


They were trying to barbecue for us and the coals were´t
 heating up fast enough so they got out the hair dryer and went to work 
#chileanengineering


Madilyn: I asked him some questions about his mission and this is what he said:

1. When was your first baptism?
 - I never have had and never will have a baptism, all of them are the Lord´s
2. How many have you had?
 - I never have had and never will have a baptism, all of them are the Lord´s
3. How many have YOU baptized?
 - It says in the scriptures that you must be baptized by water and by fire (the spirit). Thus, I haven´t baptized anyone, its the water and the spirit that really does the baptizing.


he's such a punk haha

No comments:

Post a Comment