Monday, February 8, 2016

Hiking and Bad English

Hola!

We went to the mountains today
Our plaques
HAPPY ANNIVERSITY!!!!!!! in 5 days jajaja. Oh well I can´t email you guys or Skype then so whatever. This week was pretty good. We have been working really hard and falling asleep during our studies. We also ran out of gas today so that´s awesome. Looks like we´re going to be showering in cold water until we have time to buy gas. We went and hiked up a mountain today as a zone. Finally something fun! I´m sorry Mom, but I forgot to sunscreen my arms, only the back of my neck. My arms are a little toasty, but in reality its not too bad. This week we met with an old investigator from a few months ago with some Sister Missionaries. We talked to him about the Restoration and he accepted a baptism date for the 5th of March. We have also been talking a lot with our investigadora that was athiest and she taught a Family Home Evening for a bunch of members and investigators in the chapel. During that she bore her testimony about how she believes in God and Jesus Christ. A few days later we were talking to her and her family and we asked her to be baptized and she said yes for the 5th of March. She said that she was feeling like she needed to get baptized before we asked, but never brought it up. Fran is her name. She´s what we call a ´Golden Investigator´ (Investigadora de Oro). We had three investigators in the chapel for church this last Sunday, too, and that was a huge blessing. Elder Sepúlveda and I both learned that both of us had fasted that Fran would feel the need to get baptized and would accept a baptism date, so that, too, was an answer to our prayers and a huge blessing. Wow I feel like so much happened this week, yet there isn´t very much to write about. You can buy a huge watermelon here from anywhere between $1.000 - $3.000 which is about $1.25 - $4.65 in the United States, so needless to say, we eat a ton of watermelon. Also cantaloupe and honeydew melon, but those are more expensive. Brother Ramirez, a super awesome member gave me an awesome gift. Its a copy of ´The Miracle of Forgiveness´, but its leather-bound and in spanish and super old. Its a copy that the church produces exclusively for the Church Educational System Leaders or something like that. He´s super great and I am reading it because its now allowed in the mission. Well, this is about all that happened this week, I can´t wait to see you all again soon!

Love,

Elder Sayler

PS lol Anniversary, I couldn't remember the word in english -Oh my gosh my english is bad, I couldn´t remember the word in english

No comments:

Post a Comment