Monday, December 28, 2015

Skyping, New Shoes (thx family for the $$$), and Our Neighbor Mary Jane

¡Feliz Navidad!
Hola Familia!

Skyping Christmas Day
SO this was an interesting week. We really didn`t do very much because everybody in Rancagua leaves for the beach in Viña del Mar for the holidays - so all of our investigators left and we didn`t really have any lessons for the past couple of days. The holidays were super good. We had a huge dinner and a few great lunches. We are all having a good time, even though the new Hermanas don`t seem to like us very much. We had Christmas dinner at the Camargo house and other than that we didn`t do anything super special. Just doing the work the Lord sent us out here to do. It was awesome to Skype, even though noone has called me Thomas for about 4 and a half months. That was a little weird. Our investigators are doing well though. Cristobal didn`t come to church again so its beginning to look like if I don`t get another change here I`m not going to get to see him baptized. His baptism date fell again. Javiera is a new investigator from the familia Ruiz de Gamboa and she came to church for the first time yesterday. 
I had to take off $10,000 from my card today. We get new money and about $10,000 more each month starting this Friday! Other than all of that, life is pretty low key and normal here. 
Oh - I did have a pretty cool, but weird experience yesterday. Elder Sepùlveda is pretty sick right now so we were given permission to stay home and rest for a few hours. He woke up from his nap and told me that he felt inspired to give me a blessing. I thought that was pretty weird because he was the sick one who needed a blessing. He insisted that he needed to give me a blessing and so it was good and it was actually answers to a lot of my prayers. Well, other than that this week was pretty low key. I will send some pictures of stuff. I love you guys and will "see"
Looks to me like our neighbors had a Feliz Navidad as well...

you in about 6 or so months!

Love,

Elder Sayler

PS Sorry this one is so short

No comments:

Post a Comment