Monday, November 30, 2015

Happy Thanksgiving

Dear Fam-
This week was pretty good. I honestly don´t know what happened, but I didn´t take any pictures so lo siento, but there will be some next week. Thanksgiving was this week and one thing that I´m thankful for is the PACKAGE THAT YOU GUYS SENT ME THAT I GOT ON THURSDAY! Thank you so much! I was so excited! The people here are going to be so happy to see some pictures of my family finally.

This week was super great! I still haven´t written in my journal for the last 3 weeks or so just because there´s no time! I´ll try to remember everything that happened though...So this change is going by pretty fast, I can´t believe that we are already starting in on week 5 of it! On Tuesday we had a family home evening with the familia Bahamonde on tithing. They weren´t very excited to commit to paying their tithing and they didn´t come to church last Sunday, but all we can do is invite them, no más. Wednesday we had divisiones and I was in Manzanal with our district leader Elder Christenson. That went pretty well. We taught some of their investigators named Cristobal and Juancho. Then we played some soccer. I also bought a ton of fruit from the fería. I spend the equivalent of like 7 bucks and get a kilo of bananas, a kilo of kiwis, a kilo of potatoes, half a kilo of green beens, and about ten or so carrots. Needless to say, I live off of the Fería every week. On Thursday we had a service for a menos activo and we were cementing around a place where he took out a wall. Then we had lunch with Hermana Clementina Galarce. She is my favorite lunch every month! We had half a chicken and a huge plate of mashed potatoes! Happy Thanksgiving! Then we scheduled a service with her later on so that we can have another lunch with her lol. Then we revisited a new future investigator that turned into a progressing investigator, his name´s Nicholas. Friday we finally found Jaime, Melissa, and Cristobal. We have been searching for them for about three weeks again. Cristobal´s baptismal date fell through, but now we have a new one for the 9th of January. Saturday we had a service to help Hermana Fioralda clean out her nasty back yard. Luckily half the Elder´s quorum was there or it would have taken about forever or longer. We then accompanied Hermano Camargo to a free Chinese class on accident. He told us he was going to check it out and see if his son was there and we ended up staying for about 45 minutes. It was pretty interesting trying to learn how to write in Chinese in Spanish. Then we taught an Inglés Class and played some soccer. Sunday we met with Jaime, Melissa, and Cristobal. We taught lesson one with them and talked more about baptism. At church that day, we had 7 menos activos and 1 investigator! That was awesome! Finally, we enjoyed some of the fruits of our labours. Well, that was my week. Thank you all for your love, support, and prayers, and I´ll see you soon!

Love,

Elder Sayler

No comments:

Post a Comment